What is it?
PINOYVOICES is a website devoted to pushing forth intelligent discourse about Philippine voice over industry, from writers within or specializing in the country. PINOYVOICES will pay special critical attention to voice over industry; dubbing; radio drama; disc jockey; character voices; and the like, serving to highlight the dynamic and vital forms of voice over within the Philippines often ignored by the mainstream media.
Why is it being created?
PINOYVOICES was formed out of an aching need. Filipino Voice Talents and Artists has been a neglected field of discourse for far too long a period. Today, Philippine Voice Over is emerging onto the world map, with a number of voice talents making waves the world over.
Most of the written discourse on voice overs made available to the public, both in the country and outside of it, is sourced from the pens of foreign authors. While invaluable in itself, these writings lack the particular insight and contextualization that can only be made by one who lives, breathes, and understands the culture and context from which a work was born. Their contribution to dialogue on the topic is invaluable, and one that must not be overlooked.
Among the contributors of PINOYVOICES will be some of the most important and significant voices on Filipino Voice Over Industry today. And some of those who will be among the most important voices of tomorrow.
PINOYVOICES purpose is threefold:
• To raise the awareness and profile about Filipino Voice Artist in a global context by providing an avenue for serious discourse on voice over and its developments in the Philippines.
• To raise the profile of Voice Over criticism in the Philippines, educating audiences and encouraging young writers to partake in this discipline.
• To instigate dialogue between the Filipino Voice Talents in the Philippines, and world at large.
What will be featured on the website?
PINOYVOICES will look at Philippine Voice Over Industry from a wholistic perspective, covering all facets of this multi-faceted artform. The sections will be as follows: 1) news: updated regularly, with notices about important news and events related to the country 2) reviews: of dubbing works (dubbing, anime, telenovela, koreanovela), podcast, radio and tv commercials, animation, radio drama and conferences. 3) features and interviews: critical and thought-provoking articles that tackle head on important issuses, personalities, and trends.
Who will be writing for the website?
The core writers of PINOYVOICES will consist of prominent writers from, or specializing in, Filipino Voice Over Industry.
Can I contribute to the website?
PINOYVOICES welcomes contributions from its readers, and looks forward to expanding the network of critical writers on voice-over industry in the Philippines. Please write to us at the contact page if you would like to contribute. Let us know who you are, what you would like to write about, and provide samples of your writing.
How often will the website be updated?
The critical aspects of PINOYVOICES will be updated on a bi-monthly basis; as a magazine of sorts. It’s content fully archived and accessible through a variety of different sorting means: by place, article type, or issue. News and events will be updated regularly, as is necessary.
I would like to use an article on PINOYVOICES for my publication. How may I do so?
All articles on PINOYVOICES are copyright to their respective authors. They may be reprinted elsewhere only with expressed written permission from the author, and a note at articles end stating: Originally published on http://www.pinoyvoices.wordpress.com
Who is the website designed by?
PINOYVOICES was designed by CREATIVOICES PRODUCTIONS.
• Related links: each article has a ‘related links’ section, wherein pertinent site on the web are linked to enhance reader knowledge on the subject of the article. This can be found on the left-hand side, underneath the article’s main image.
• Print this article: each article has a handy ‘print this article’ function; especially useful for readers who would like to digest a long article without clicking ‘next page’. It can be found on the left-hand side, underneath the ‘posted on’ date, below the article’s main image.
• Contributor page: each article lists the name of the author in color orange below the title. Click on the name of the name of the author to view his or her contributor profile.
• End notes: some articles contain end notes. If an article has end notes, they may be accessed as the foremost link in the ‘related links’ section.
• Post a Comment: each review features a ‘post a comment’ function, wherein readers may give their opinion of the film or the review of the film. Comments are subject to administrator approval.